2019 SoCon Wrestling Championship
March 10 • Holmes Convocation Center • Boone, N.C.
Campbell University claimed the 2019 Southern Conference Wrestling Championship on Sunday, picking up four individual titles as well as coach of the year honors. VMI’s Neal Richards was named the tournament’s most outstanding wrestler.
The Camels paced the field, scoring 95.0 points. Last season’s champions, Appalachian State, who came in second, totaled 92.5 points. Chattanooga, was third with 62.0 points, followed by The Citadel (42.5), Gardner-Webb (24.5), Davidson (22.5) and VMI (17.0).
Campbell’s Cary Kolat was named the league’s coach of the year after leading his program to its first title since 2015 and a 5-1 conference record and Campbell's Austin McNeill was named the tournament's Pinnacle Award winner.
- Doors open at 9 a.m. Competition begins at 10 a.m. Championships finals start at 7 p.m. with awards to follow.
- All rounds of the championship will be streamed live for free on the SoCon Digital Network. Live results updates can be found at TrackWrestling.com.
- Adults: $15
- Youth (6-12): $10
- Groups of 10 or more: $8 each
- Students from Southern Conference schools, including wrestling associate member schools, free with school ID.
- $3 off ticket price with the donation of a food item at the door
- Click here to purchase tickets
- Review of past championships:
- 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010
- Participating institutions:
- APP // CAM // CIT // DAV // GWU // UTC // VMI
2019 Champion: Campbell University